Fuel Properties of Various Oils and Fats
The sources for the data below are given in the far right hand
column of the table, and the full citations are at the bottom of the
CSV Spreadsheet (CSV)
- Adams, C., J.F. Peters, M.C. Rand, B.J. Schroer, and M.C. Ziemke. 1983. Investigation of soybean oil as a diesel fuel extender: Endurance tests. Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society 60, no. 8: 1574-1579. doi:10.1007/BF02666588
- Altin, R., S. Cetinkaya, and H. S. Yucesu. 2001. The potential of using vegetable oil fuels as fuel for diesel engines. Energy Conversion and Management 42, no. 5 (March): 529-538. doi:10.1016/S0196-8904(00)00080-7
- de Almeida, Silvio C. A. De, Carlos Rodrigues Belchior, Marcos V. G. Nascimento, Leonardo dos S. R. Vieira, and Guilherme Fleury. 2002a. Performance of a diesel generator fuelled with palm oil. Fuel 81, no. 16: 2097-2102. doi:10.1016/S0016-2361(02)00155-2
- Babu, A.K., and G. Devaradjane. 2003. Vegetable Oils and their Derivatives as Fuels for CI: An Overview. SAE Technical Paper: 2003-01-0767
- Bhattacharyya, S., and C. S. Reddy. 1994. Vegetable Oils as Fuels for Internal Combustion Engines: A Review. Journal of Agricultural Engineering Research 57, no. 3 (March): 157-166. doi:10.1006/jaer.1994.1015
- Canakci, M. 2007. The potential of restaurant waste lipids as biodiesel feedstocks. Bioresource Technology 98, no. 1 (January): 183-190. doi:10.1016/j.biortech.2005.11.022
- Demirbas, A. 1998. Fuel Properties and calculation of higher heating values of vegetable oil. Fuel 77, no. 9/10: 1117-1120. doi:10.1016/S0016-2361(97)00289-5
- Engler, C.R., L.A. Johnson, W.A. Lepori, and C.M. Yarbrough. 1983. Effects of processing and chemical characteristics of plant oils on performance of an indirect-injection diesel engine. Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society 60, no. 8: 1592-1596. doi:10.1007/BF02666591
- Goering, C. E., A. Schwab, M. Dougherty, M. Pryde, and A. Heakin. 1982. Fuel Properties of Eleven Vegetable Oils. Transactions of the ASAE 25, no. 6: 1472-1483.
- Goodrum, J. W. 1984. Fuel properties of peanut oil blends. Transactions of the ASAE 27, no. 5: 1257-1262.
- Hebbal, O.D., K.Vijayakumar Reddy, and K. Rajagopal. 2006. Performance characteristics of a diesel engine with deccan hemp oil. Fuel 85, no. 14-15 (October): 2187-2194. doi:10.1016/j.fuel.2006.03.011
- Karaosmanoglu, F., M. Tuter, E. Gollu, S. Yanmaz, and E. Altintig. 1999. Fuel Properties of Cottonseed Oil. Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects 21, no. 9 (September): 821-828. doi:10.1080/00908319950014371
- Karaosmanoglu, F., G. Kurt, and T. Ozaktas. 2000. Long term CI engine test of sunflower oil. Renewable Energy 19, no. 1-2: 219-221. doi:10.1016/S0960-1481(99)00034-8
- Labeckas, G., and S. Slavinskas. 2006. Performance of direct-injection off-road diesel engine on rapeseed oil. Renewable Energy 31, no. 6: 849-863. doi:10.1016/j.renene.2005.05.009
- Nwafor, O. M. I. 2001. Emission characteristics of neat rapeseed oil fuel in diesel engine. International Journal of Ambient Energy 22, no. 3 (July): 146-154.
- Peterson, C. L., G. L. Wagner, and D. L. Auld. 1983. Vegetable Oil Substitutes for Diesel Fuel. Transactions of the ASAE 26, no. 2: 322-332.
- Pugazhvadivu, M., and K. Jeyachandran. 2004. Effect of fuel injection pressure and preheating on the performance and emissions of a vegetable oil fuelled diesel engine. Proceedings of the Fall Technical Conference of the ASME International Combustion Engine Division, Oct 24-27 2004: 479-486.
- Prasad, C. M. V., M. V. S. Krishna, C. P. Reddy, and K. R. Mohan. 2000. Performance evaluation of non-edible vegetable oils as substitute fuels in low heat rejection diesel engines. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering 214, no. 2: 181-187.
- Pryor, R. W., M. A. Hanna, J. L. Schinstock, and L. L. Bashford. 1983. Soybean Oil Fuel in a Small Diesel Engine. Transactions of the ASAE 26, no. 2: 333-337.
- Radu, R., E. Rakosi, C. Iulian-Agape, and R. Gaiginschi. 2001. Application of a combustion model to a Diesel engine fueled with vegetable oils. JSME International Journal, Series B: Fluids and Thermal Engineering 44, no. 4: 634-640. doi:10.1299/jsmeb.44.634
- Raja, A.Samuel, G. Lakshmi Narayana Rao, N. Nallusamy, and M. Selva Ganesh Kumar. 2004. Effect of combustion chamber design on the performance and emission characteristics of a direct injection (Dl) diesel engine fuelled with refined rice bran oil blends. Proceedings of the Fall Technical Conference of the ASME International Combustion Engine Division, Oct 24-27 2004: 427-435.
- Ryan, T.W., L.G. Dodge, and T.J. Callahan. 1984. The effects of vegetable oil properties on injection and combustion in two different diesel engines. Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society 61, no. 10 (October 5): 1610-1619. doi:10.1007/BF02541645
- Srivastava, A., and R. Prasad. 2000. Triglycerides-based diesel fuels. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 4, no. 2: 111-133. doi:10.1016/S1364-0321(99)00013-1
- Strayer, R.C., J.A. Blake, and W.K. Craig. 1983. Canola and high erucic rapeseed oil as substitutes for diesel fuel: Preliminary tests. Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society 60, no. 8: 1587-1592. doi:10.1007/BF02666590
- Tang, T.S., H.J. Ahmad Hitam, and Y. Basiron. 1995. Emission of Elsbett Engine Using Palm Oil Fuel. Journal of Oil Palm Research 7, no. Special Issue: 110-120. http://palmoilis.mpob.gov.my/publications/jopr1995sp-110.html
- Yoshimoto, Y. 2003. Performance and emissions of diesel fuels containing rapeseed oil and the characteristics of evaporation and combustion of single droplets. SAE Technical Paper Series: 2003-01-3201.
- Ziejewski, M., and K. R. Kaufman. 1983. Laboratory endurance test of a sunflower oil blend in a diesel engine. Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society 60, no. 8: 1567-1573. doi:10.1007/BF02666587
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.