Fatty Acid Profiles of Various Oils and Fats, % wt.
The sources for the data below are given in the far right hand column
of the table, and the full citations are at the bottom of the page.
Some sources report fatty acid profiles as ranges, these will
not show up in the embedded table but are in the excel
and csv data files.
CSV Spreadsheet (CSV)
- Canakci, M. 2007. The potential of restaurant waste lipids as biodiesel feedstocks. Bioresource Technology 98, no. 1 (January): 183-190. doi:10.1016/j.biortech.2005.11.022
- Goering, C. E., A. Schwab, M. Dougherty, M. Pryde, and A. Heakin. 1982. Fuel Properties of Eleven Vegetable Oils. Transactions of the ASAE 25, no. 6: 1472-1483.
- Goodrum, J. W. 1984. Fuel properties of peanut oil blends. Transactions of the ASAE 27, no. 5: 1257-1262.
- Goodrum, J. W., D. P. Geller, and T. T. Adams. 2002. Rheological characterization of yellow grease and poultry fat. Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society 79, no. 10 (October 23): 961-964. doi:10.1007/s11746-002-0587-2
- -–. 2003. Rheological characterization of animal fats and their mixtures with #2 fuel oil. Biomass and Bioenergy 24, no. 3 (March): 249-256. doi:/10.1016/S0961-9534(02)00136-8
- Karaosmanoglu, F., M. Tuter, E. Gollu, S. Yanmaz, and E. Altintig. 1999. Fuel Properties of Cottonseed Oil. Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects 21, no. 9 (September): 821-828. doi:10.1080/00908319950014371
- Peterson, C. L., G. L. Wagner, and D. L. Auld. 1983. Vegetable Oil Substitutes for Diesel Fuel. Transactions of the ASAE 26, no. 2: 322-332.
- Pryor, R. W., M. A. Hanna, J. L. Schinstock, and L. L. Bashford. 1983. Soybean Oil Fuel in a Small Diesel Engine. Transactions of the ASAE 26, no. 2: 333-337.
- Ryan, T.W., L.G. Dodge, and T.J. Callahan. 1984. The effects of vegetable oil properties on injection and combustion in two different diesel engines. Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society 61, no. 10 (October 5): 1610-1619. doi:10.1007/BF02541645
- Srivastava, A., and R. Prasad. 2000. Triglycerides-based diesel fuels. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 4, no. 2: 111-133. doi:10.1016/S1364-0321(99)00013-1
- Ziejewski, M., and K. R. Kaufman. 1983. Laboratory endurance test of a sunflower oil blend in a diesel engine. Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society 60, no. 8: 1567-1573. doi:10.1007/BF02666587
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.